Redeemer of His people.
God also said to Moses, “Say to the Istaielites, ‘The Lord [Yahweh], the God of your fathers – the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob – has sent me to you.’ This is my name forever, the name by which I am to be remembered from generation to generation.”
- Exodus 3:14-15
- Philippians 2:9-11
Monday: God Reveals His Name
- Exodus 3:1-20
- Luke 2:11
- Philippians 2:5-11
Notes from today’s devotional passage:
Yahweh is not a God who is remote of aloof but One who is always near, intervening in history on behalf of His people. Knowledge of this name implies a covenant relationship.
- What does this passage reveal about what was in the heart of God in regard to his people?
- Moses’ reluctance is not hard to understand. Describe a time when you were similarly reluctant to do something you thought God was calling you to do.
- Why do you think Moses asked God to reveal his name?
- How does God’s idea of greatness differ from the usual definition?
- How have you experienced Jesus being Lord in your life?
From the study, Immanuel: Praying the Names of God though the Christmas Season. See links in previous post. I will be adding a link at the bottom of the page soon.