- Lord, I begin the journey of prayer for my child by praying for myself. Show me how to pray for David and Elizabeth. Give me wisdom & insight into what they need. Give me patience with them and help me to be a godly example before them.
- I cast all my cares upon You, Lord, and my children are the biggest care I have. I release them to you and trust in You to keep them safe.
- Hide them in the shadow of Your wings and keep them safe from those who want to harm them.
- Help us, their parents, to show them Your love and may they feel love and acceptance all around them.
- I pray that my children will come to know you at a young age and will continue to trust in You all of their lives.
- Help me to successfully teach them to respect parents, elders, and anyone who is in authority over them. I bind rebellion from their lives in Jesus' name.
- May they continue to have strong and loving family relationships within our immediate family and the larger extended family.
- Draw them to godly friends & relationships, and help them to be one also. Supply endless godly role models throughout their lives.
- Put deep within them a hunger for Your Word and the things of You. Help me to do all that is in my power to lead them to You.
- Reveal their gifts and talents at a young age so that we can encourage and nurture them to be all that You created them to be.
- Develop a hunger for the truth deep within them and let them be repulsed by lies.
- Give them a long and healthy life, but let them also see Your role as Healer.
- Help me to teach them to take care of their bodies so that they will stay healthy.
- Let them enjoy learning about everything around them and about You. Give them lots of opportunities to improve themselves through learning.
- Help us and them to identify the gifts and talents that You've given them at an early age so that we can nurture them and they can begin walking in them.
- May they speak only words of life that edify others and not tear them down.
- Draw them to the things that are right, holy, and pure.
- Show me how and remind me to periodically pray through my children's rooms so that we can remove any hindrance that may have crept in unaware.
- May they have enough trust in You, and in us, that they walk through life free from fear.
- Give them the mind of Christ, a sound and strong mind, ready to learn.
- Let them experience the joy of the Lord and hunger for it to be a part of their daily lives.
- Break any stronghold that has been passed down through our families. Let them be free.
- May they always have strong convictions about and stay free from alcohol, drugs, pornography, and other addictions. If they have a tendency toward addiction, let it be an addiction to You.
- Protect them from the temptation of sexual immorality. Protect their purity.
- Lead them to the perfect mate that You have for them in the right time. I pray that my future in-laws are also praying for their child right now and that we would be able to have a good relationship with them.
- Help my children to see forgiveness and be able to forgive freely.
- May they be able to repent when they do wrong and ask for forgiveness as well.
- If any stronghold ever gets a hold of their lives, I pray that it would be broken quickly.
- Fill them with wisdom and discernment and help them to hunger for those things.
- May they grow in their faith in You and never question that You are God, that You saved them, that Jesus is their Lord.
Then little children were brought to Jesus
for him to place his hands on them and pray for them.
But the disciples rebuked those who brought them.
Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me,
and do not hinder them,
for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."
- Matthew 19:13-14
Tomorrow I will start praying for my husband, following the pattern in another of Stormie's books, The Power of a Praying Wife. I will also include a reminder of which prayer to include for your children on that day.
Today is the last day to WIN IT! One lucky winner of this book will be announced tomorrow, when I start going through The Power of a Praying Wife. Make sure to leave a way to contact you through your blog or email address, and while not required for entry, invite your friends to pray with us every day! You are welcome to use the button I've created in the sidebar. Thanks for reading and I hope you and your children have been blessed this month by our prayers.